- December 7, 2020
- Posted by: JamesBurton
- Category: Health, Health tips
- Covid-19, anxiety, fear, winter blues – these have proven to be reasons to eat. And when you suffer from cabin fever as well, there is nothing like the smell of comforting, delicious aromas coming from the kitchen that can drive you to eat food.
- With the festive season around the corner, body-wise and food-wise, we could well be already off-track regarding our weight, which we no doubt know is not a good time to start a diet.
- There are many ways that people approach their weight problems, and the thought of a New Year is one way, but there have been talks of hypnosis being a good way to help you lose weight even before you put those resolutions into place or try the top-rated weight loss supplements or schedule a stint at the gym.
Emotional Eating Is No Reward
When we try and lose weight from the conscious level, we use all kinds of motivational strategies such as rewards or punishment. These only cause stress and guilt – and if you do manage to lose weight by this method, the results are short-lived, and the weight typically comes back.
Is Hypnosis A Method for Weight Loss?
There isn’t a heap of research on this subject, but early studies from the 1990s  suggest that those who used hypnosis lost more than twice as much weight as those without using hypnosis. Then in 2014, there was another study  in which 60 obese women who practiced Hypno-behavioral therapy lost weight, even improving their body image and eating habits.
How Hypnosis Works
World-famous hypnotist, Paul McKenna, on the Dr. Oz show, says hypnosis works because it is a process of concentration and relaxation, which helps us go deeper below the conscious level of thought and into the subconscious level, where all change originates. It is the unconscious mind that is the source of creativity in the body that makes the body do everything automatically.
Paul says that hypnosis reprograms your mind like a computer. He says that although there are many skeptics; he has made breakthroughs in the area of weight loss. Doctor Oz himself says he learned about hypnosis in medical school and he reckons there are profound powers within hypnosis to prevent people from sabotaging their diets. Under hypnotism, you unlock powers that cause you to overeat.
Is Hypnosis For You?
Anybody who battles to stick to exercise  and a healthy diet is a good candidate. When you get stuck in harmful habits like polishing off donuts and chips, and you can’t seem to stop, you might even have a subconscious problem. Your subconscious is where all your habits, emotions, and addictions are.
Hypnotherapy addresses the subconscious. And the good news is that it can be used to complement other weight loss programs designed by medical professionals to treat various health conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, or cardiovascular diseases.
Easy Weight Loss Tips That Can Make A Difference
If you are considering hypnotherapy to help you lose weight, there are several easy weight loss tips that will make a huge difference to your self-esteem and weight in any case.
- Eat more protein, the king of nutrients– Protein increases your metabolic rate and curbs your appetite.
- Stay away from sugary fruit juices and soft drinks– The brain doesn’t register liquid calories in the same way it registers solid calories. Studies do show that sugary drinks are linked to increased obesity, but not only that, it has negative effects on metabolic health, and you are at risk of many other diseases. Sugary soft drinks and fruit juices are the single most fattening aspect of the Western diet.
- Drink fresh water more often– The timing of when you drink your water might be a good way of losing weight as it helps to reduce hunger, therefore eating fewer calories. Some studies are showing that when you drink water, you boost your metabolism.
- Lift weights and do exercises– While you are dieting and exercising, you will prevent muscle loss and also prevent your metabolism from slowing down, which happens when you reduce your calorie intake. Cardio exercises like swimming and walking, for instance, are great boosters for optimal health and an overall feeling of wellbeing.
- Slow down on eating refined carbs– Cutting carbs is vital if you want to lose weight. Studies show  that when you eat a low carb diet, you can lose 2-3 times more than if you follow a calorie-restricted, low-fat diet. Low carb diets have other health benefits too.
How About Weight Loss Supplements?
There are five prescription drugs that the Food and Drug Administration has approved for long-term weight loss. The prescription weight-loss medications include:
There are also top rated weight-loss supplements, which are natural and do not need a doctor’s prescription.
- Phenocal – A potent, all-natural weight control compound that helps burn fat and promotes weight loss for those who are struggling to lose weight.
- LeanBean – One of the effective fat burners for women.
- Instant Knockout – A thermogenic fat burner for men.
- Hourglass Fit – An effective formula for suppressing the appetite.
- TrimTone – The fat burner specifically made for women over 40.
- PhenQ – An effective diet pill to help you lose over 40 lbs.
But For Weight Loss – Does Hypnotherapy Work?
The thing is, hypnosis isn’t readily covered by medical insurance, so you won’t find a lot of push for hypnosis for weight loss over what pharmaceutical medications and natural supplements can do. But with prescription drugs being so super-costly and coming with side effects, people are looking for natural alternatives. Hopefully, hypnosis will soon be receiving more attention and research as a plausible weight loss approach.
See what science has to say about hypnosis, and you be the judge.
Hypnotherapy, which has been practiced for thousands of years already, is used successfully in modern times to treat many ailments. The least of which is certainly not weight loss and eating disorders. Proper hypnosis isn’t really what you see on stage and television; its intention isn’t to make people act all silly, and then the question is always there – “Were the people just acting?”
The right hypnotherapy is a therapeutic tool that helps to facilitate healing in many areas under a licensed hypnotherapist. It provides emotional and physical benefits. Research into this ancient technique continues to yield benefits that cover both physical and mental conditions.
Being hypnotized is similar to when you are intensely daydreaming or maybe meditating, where you are in a heightened state of concentration, and your mind is eliminating distractions. Under hypnosis, you become open to suggestions. Today, psychotherapists, oncologists, psychologists, and many other doctors are finding ways to incorporate this amazing technique into their treatment plans.
Most people walk through the world in a trance of disempowerment. Our work is to transform that into a work of empowerment. ~ Milton Erickson