Neurosurgery is a highly specialised area of Medicine that is involved in diagnosis and treatment of diseases related to central nervous system (brain & spinal cord), and peripheral nerves often through surgery. The history of Neurosurgery has greatly improved and will continue to do so thanks to advancing medical knowledge and technology.
Gone are the days of very long surgeries and invalidated patients that used to characterize the surgical treatment of Neurological diseases. Today Neurosurgeons combine first-class services with other medical specialties to give you optimal medical care.
Subspecialties of Neurosurgery:
- Spinal Neurosurgery: spinal disc herniation, pain and related diseases Nuerooncology: management of benign and cancerous tumors
- Functional Neurosurgery: includes neuroestimulation or neuroablation for treatment of Pain, Movement disorders: Parkinson, Tremor etc.
- Neurotrauma: accidents involving brain and spine with can be posttraumatic fractures or blood clots.
- Paediatric Neurosurgery: surgical management of neurological disease of children including Hydrocephalus, Epilepsy, Tumours etc.
- Vascular Neurosurgery: blood vessels anomalies of central nervous system including cerebral aneurysms and vascular malformations.
The DOCOTAL Neurosurgery group will help you with questions and advice regarding Neurosurgery. We will give you first class and up-to-date information so as to increase your knowledge and help in prevention and treatment of related disorders. Always remember that our principal concern is you.
relationships with our clients.