- November 18, 2016
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Uncategorized
Complementary exams may include:
– X-ray: not generally recommended for routine check-up. It maybe a starting point for further study – CT scan: cheaper and faster than the later but miss some diagnosis
– MRI scan: most advantageous for evaluating lumbar pain.
IF YOU HAVE BACK PAIN:
1. Understand that it is just a back pain and it will decrease.
2. Psychological stress can produce low back pain and should be decreased through rest, activity modification and exercise: walking, bicycling and other low-stress exercise.
3. Painkillers like Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Novalgin etc. can be sufficient to ameliorate it.
4.Muscle relaxants are not more effective than painkillers neither do muscle contractions been proven to cause pain.
5. Surgery is reserved in selected cases, which are less than 10% of the patients.